Thank you for your pointers.

I have this layout: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RelativeLayout
android:id="@+id/widget79"
android:layout_width="fill_parent"
android:layout_height="fill_parent"
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";

<ImageView
android:id="@+id/widget93"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_height="200px"
android:src="@drawable/english_uppercase"
android:layout_alignParentBottom="true"
android:layout_alignParentLeft="true"

</ImageView>
</RelativeLayout>

as main.xml

Then in onCreateInputView:

public class mekb extends InputMethodService   implements
View.OnTouchListener {
        @Override public void onCreate() {
            super.onCreate();
        }
         @Override public View onCreateInputView() {
                return (KeyboardView)
getLayoutInflater().inflate(R.layout.main, null);
            }
}

Is this the way to load an image to show up when the keyboard is
called?
        (KeyboardView) getLayoutInflater().inflate(R.layout.main,
null);

Or should I do the image/view loading some other way?

Thanks for your help.