On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Mark Wyszomierski <mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not quite sure what's going on - if I specify the color in my layout xml
> like so with alpha = FF:
>    #ffebebeb
> then at least in the layout editor it now matches the color of my png
> (created in photoshop, with the same #ebebeb specification). When I run the
> app though, the emulator is showing it as a different type of grey. Did I
> miss what you meant by alpha channel difference, Mark?

Well, you are halfway there.

For starters, you need the alpha value of your background color to be
the same as the alpha value of your PNG file. You know what the alpha
value of your background color is, because you are setting it. Now,
you need to determine the alpha value that Photoshop used with your
PNG file.

Also, if you choose a non-opaque (i.e., less than FF) alpha, things
get more complicated, as you have to take into account the stuff the
alpha channel is blending from behind the respective widgets.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to *Advanced* Android Development_ Version 1.9
Available!