Perhaps you can use a small PNG drawable for the view where you currently
specify a color constant?

--
Kostya Vasilyev -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com

18.09.2010 19:35 пользователь "Mark Wyszomierski" <mar...@gmail.com>
написал:

Yeah I guess that's why I'm confused, the alpha of my png is 100%. So when I
set the background color in the xml file to explicitly have alpha = ff, then
the layout editor shows the two colors matching. It's just that when I run
the app, the emulator (and n1 at least) show the background color (not the
png) as the different grey, same as when I was previously *not* setting the
alpha = ff. To sum it up:

   before:
      background="#ebebeb"
      drawable in photoshop (100% alpha, ebebeb)
      layout editor and emulator show background as a purplish-grey.

   now
      background="#ffebebeb"
      drawable (unchanged from before)
      layout editor shows background now matching my drawable,
      but at runtime it looks like the purplish grey from before.

I'm not modifying the color at runtime (which could explain the difference),
I'll make a separate test app to try and demo it,

Thanks