So a long time ago before Moto supported paid apps in Shop4Apps I had
submitted one of my apps - it was a paid app but that was before I
knew they didn't support devs getting paid yet. So I asked them to
remove all my apps.

A few weeks ago I found out that they now supported getting paid thru
paypal, so you could sell your apps in China. So I resubmitted my
apps.

Unfortunately the only bad thing is it's like putting your app in a
black hole. You really don't get any stats! Once a week they update
your download count. And right now the download count is China only
(even though Shop4Apps supports Mexico and Brazil as well). So far my
download count shows as "7". This is for an app the gets bought over
40 times a day on the Android market.

Wow - a whopping 7 so far, so this really still feels like a waste of
time just like when I originally got into it.

I still think because of this that alternative markets are never going
to pan out - because for one, people don't seem to know about them,
and for two, the companies that run the alternative market don't even
provide the same level of information that Google does - even though
we as devs complain that Google needs to provide more stats, better
stats, it still seems they are ahead of the other market providers.
Like I said, for motodev, it's like your app just disappears. You just
"hope" that after a month, or up to 90 days, that you get some money
for it somehow.

Has anyone else here posted their app to Shop4Apps and would you be
willing to share your current experience? I'm wondering if it's time
to get back out of their store AGAIN.

I also read that many people were concerned that since it's for China
you won't get many sales anyway since they pirate everything over
there instead.

Well, just venting - misery loves company. I already make good sales
on Android Market but obviously the more markets available (more
countries) the better your results should be..

-niko