My guess is that when the version of the app making thecheck  is lower
than the latest in the market, LICENSED_OLD_KEY is returned as per
http://developer.android.com/guide/publishing/licensing.html#server-response-codes

Is the version of the app making the check higher, then that should be
you testing a new version and you can overwrite via the dev console I
guess.