Please don't just do that.  As Christine said, in most cases letting
the system handle it is the best thing to do, and then you can have
any of your resources vary based on orientation or whether the
keyboard is visible without having to do anything.

As far as canceling the "auto-adjustment" I'm not sure what you mean
-- if you mean you want to force one orientation, you can specify in
the manifest a fixed orientation to use.  If you mean you don't want
to relayout the screen at all...  well that is kind-of weird. :)  I'd
be interested in knowing exactly what you want accomplish.

Finally, there may be some few rare cases where handling the
orientation change yourself is okay, and a web browser -may- be such a
thing.  But you need to be aware when doing this that this means the
system -won't- be doing much for you: if any of your resources or
other things change from the orientation, you will need to manually
update all of those yourself.  It is usually much better to just let
the system do it.  (And, as a bonus, you get to exercise the same code
that is used to deal with restarting your app in its previous state
after its process is killed, which otherwise can be fairly
inconvenient to test.)