Hi,

I just spent 2 hours in a minor panic because of this.

I had a small update to put out (and, yes, I AM new to this Market
stuff), so I update the Manifest to reflect the version upgrade, I
build the APK, and sign it, and do the 'upgrade' via the Console.

I then go to my phone, UNINSTALL my app ( this is, I'm guessing the
{mea culpa} mistake ) and fire up the Market app. Find my app, and d/l
and install -- its the OLD stuff. Huh?

I d/l again...  no joy.  What? ? ?

I go through the entire (build) process again --- with *exactly* the
same result; no updated app on my phone.

(So, those of you in the know, are probably either LOL-ing, or hmmph-
ing)

Then (as I carefully) review the Market's presentation of my app on
the device, I see that the version number HAS NOT CHANGED! So, now I
am *really* confused. Why is the MARKET App showing me an older
version?

I start to think that maybe perhaps its possible that they don't make
updates immediately available - or something. But I'm also thinking
that that make NO Sense to me; I gotta be doing something wrong.

I google around and discover that the MARKET app has a cache -- which,
IMHO, makes little sense.

Why do I think that? Because if the MARKET app ALWAYS appears to be
going out to the internet to D/L (i.e. fancy d/l graphics in the
notification area) whats the purpose of the cache?  And why would
anyone ever think they they have to go clear it to ensure they get the
latest stuff in the d/l??

The idea of a cache in this instance seems to save no time (as its
purported to do for web PAGES), and does exactly the wrawng thingh.

Or is it just me?