For those thinking I meant a BROWSER's cache -- perhaps I was not
clear...  I meant that on the PHONE,the MARKET APPLICATION has a
cache.  (Settings => Applications => Manage Applications => Menu: Show
ALL => Choose MARKET. You'll see a button to CLEAR CACHE.

And my point is -- why would the designers of that APP use a cache?
It doesn't 'minimize network traffic' since it always seems to go up
to the net anyway to do a D/L.... but (perhaps maybe) its not REALLY
going out to the net, since it will load from that cache instead; as
both Zarah and I discovered.

And having to either KILL the MARKET app on the device, or Clear its'
cache still confounds me as to why it has one at all.

If the thing is smart enough to know when an update is ready, why
isn't it smart enough to know that its' cache is stale?

tob