On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 7:32 AM, tony obrien <tobsourcecode...@gmail.com>wrote:

> And my point is -- why would the designers of that APP use a cache?

Images, descriptions, comments, app lists you just viewed?

Try this: after you clear the market cache, open it up and navigate to some
app. See how long it takes. Now open the comments section and see how long
that takes. Now back out of that app, then go right back to it. How long
does it take to load that now?

It hardly makes sense to re-fetch the exact same data 10 seconds after
originally getting it.

>  If the thing is smart enough to know when an update is ready, why isn't it
> smart enough to know that its' cache is stale?

Actually, I've found it's not really smart enough to know when an update is
ready (I never get update notifications). And it might not know the cache is
stale for the same reason - it's simply buggy.