Until now, I haven't really concerned myself with app piracy; I only have one app under my belt for Android, it's in beta and it's free. I'm about to start development on another app and looking to use ProGuard for obfuscation and LVL as I would like to make it a paid app, and I've been wondering something ever since the news that LVL had been circumvented months ago. Is it possible to check the .apk's signature from within the API? If not currently, perhaps Google might add some code to Android itself or to the API to enable LVL to make sure that the .apk signature matches the signature that Android Market already has on file?

Just a thought, not even necessarily a feasible one.
Raymond