To answer Miguel's question(s):
(1) Because I can ;) thanks to iJetty.
(2) We are building peer-to-peer composite service middleware for
mobile devices.
Services such as shared calendars across trusted groups or phone cam
etc.

I have done this successfully on Nokia Internet Tablets (Java CDC) and
the performance
was fairly good. Not sure how Android devices will fare on all this
but that's the reason
of the exercise anyway