FYI:

Extensions are only listed if the GL implementation is below the
version that has the same filter built-in.

For example, the original droid DOES support VBOs, but it's not listed
as an extension.  It shouldn't be, because you can see that the GLES
version given when initializing a 1.1 context is 1.1, meaning it has
all 1.1 features (of which VBOs are part of).  It will also initialize
a 2.0 context, meaning it will support all 2.0 standard features (so
don't expect an extension for FRAME_BUFFER_OBJECT etc, as that's part
of 2.0).

The first gen phones are 1.0, which does not include VBO support,
which is why you'll see a VBO extension on them (As well as many
others that you won't see on a 1.1 chip).

Extensions extend base functionality, which is why you don't see them
when the base functionality already contains it.  Please review the
official docs at http://www.khronos.org/registry/gles/ for more info
on this.