I look forward to that. In this day and age, a platform really needs
to properly support the world's languages -- and not on a per-market
basis, either.

Apple got this idea a long, long time ago, long before OSX in fact. So
it's no surprise that the iPhone, out of the box, support Arabic,
Hebrew, 8 ways of entering the two forms of Chinese, two ways of
entering Japanese (including a 10-key version I hadn't encountered
before, but very nice for use on a hand-held touch screen), and Korean
-- nearly all of the common languages with interesting input issues!

No Devanagari, I see. I'm a little surprised at that -- though it is a
rather complicated language to render, and perhaps English &
romanization are viewed as "adequate" substitutes -- naively, I fear.
But it may also explain why Apple only has 2% of the smartphone market
in India.