In my latest app I had a lot of activities, and had to pass a lot of
objects between them. So, I came up with a different solution.

I created a base activity, common to the application, and made all my
other activities extend my base activity.

1) This is useful as you can put a lot of common methods and vars in
there,,,

2) I created a load of static objects which, when launching my
intents, I populate the static objects so that when the next activity
is launched they're there ready. No bundles, no parcelables, simple.

Now maybe this is obvious, but I must say I haven't seen this in any
other examples. I'm wondering if there's something 'wrong' with  this,
any reason why this shouldn't be done?