On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Greg Giacovelli <miyamo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After which we
> call on the UI thread LocationManager.getBestLastKnownLocation() for
> the provider we were interested in.

There is no getBestLastKnownLocation() in LocationManager in Android.
I am assuming you are referring to getLastKnownLocation().

> However on certain phones, the
> Epic in particular sometimes this call never returns.

Seriously? That's a Galaxy S phone, which is pretty popular, though it
is not one I have in my stable.

It certainly feels like a compatibility bug. Do you have any info on
criteria for when this will block (e.g., only if no providers are
enabled)?

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Warescription: Three Android Books, Plus Updates, One Low Price!