Alvin Yates wrote:
> So as far as Zoom is concerned, I have displayZoomControls() set to
> true in my MapActivity.  Is there something else I need to do to get
> that to appear/work as expected?

Ah, sorry, I thought you had that working, based on your original email.

You need to actually add them to the view where you want them to go.

For example, here's a layout with a spot for the zoom controls in the
lower-left:

<RelativeLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
        android:layout_width="fill_parent"
        android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <com.google.android.maps.MapView android:id="@+id/map"
                android:layout_width="fill_parent"
                android:layout_height="fill_parent"
                android:apiKey="00yHj0k7_7vzDDmwgQLGkUa7oJbRal2t7bWIkWw"
                android:clickable="true" />
        <LinearLayout android:id="@+id/zoom"
                android:layout_width="wrap_content"
                android:layout_height="wrap_content"
                android:layout_alignParentBottom="true"
                android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
</RelativeLayout>

Here's the piece of onCreate() code that plops the zoom controls into
the LinearLayout shown above:

ViewGroup zoom=(ViewGroup)findViewById(R.id.zoom);

zoom.addView(map.getZoomControls());

If you want a full MapView project that implements all of this, head on
over to:

http://commonsware.com/Android/

and download the source code to Version 1.4. Maps/NooYawk is the project
you're looking for inside the source ZIP.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com

Android Training on the Ranch! -- Mar 16-20, 2009
http://www.bignerdranch.com/schedule.shtml