As mentioned below, if you use "run application" instead of "debug
application" it'll run any application compiled in debug but won't
connect a debugger to it (which is the source of the slow down).

as for "create signed..." it used to only strip the signature, but now
it has to recompile the application without debuggable=true so it's
slower.

Xav

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 1:07 AM, mort <m...@sto-helit.de> wrote:
> A suggestion for a later update: a checkbox in the device selection
> dialog or maybe an optional query would be nice. Because sometimes, I
> just want to do a quick check on the actual device, and debug mode
> often is painfully slow...
>
> btw: What happened to "create signed application package"? It's been a
> matter of a fraction of a second before, now it takes several seconds!

Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead
Google Inc.

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!