On Dec 14, 1:33 pm, Tobiah <t...@tobiah.org> wrote:
> Looking at the jdb help, I should be able to set breakpoints
> given a method name or line number, but it would be nice
> to just edit them right into the code.  Is this possible?

I'm not aware of such a feature in jdb.  You'd need to have some way
to mark up a file, but I don't think jdb does anything with sources
(other than dump bits for the "list" command).

When setting breakpoints, make sure you use the fully.qualified.Name
of the class.  If you say "String.split" rather than
"java.lang.String.split" it won't work.

You can use "stop in package.Class.method" to break at the start of a
method, or "stop at package.Class:line" to break at a particular
point.