On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 1:53 AM, Zsolt Vasvari <zvasv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Honestly, I think that's way too much.  Who's going to read a
> 4000 character short story? I think the optiomal would have been around 500
> characters or so.

We discussed this at length in another thread that spiraled into a
discussion about marketing. If you think it's too much, then don't use it -
it's that simple. I completely agree that if you somehow manage to use up
all 4000 characters you're probably just doing yourself a disservice - but
at least now the onus is on the developer and not on some arbitrary
limitation. Do what you think will work for you.

I'm not going to use it all up nor am I going to read all of that for other
apps, but the great thing is now you don't have to play gymnastics with your
description and users can read as much as they feel they need to to make an
informed decision. I think this is a good thing™.

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 2:14 AM, Zsolt Vasvari <zvasv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Get ready for some serious keyword spam....  Should I put all
> my competitor's app's names in my description, something like, "try me, I am
> much better than app X"?

If you think it'll work for you, sure. I don't see the point of mentioning
your competitors though since we now already have the "Related" tab, which
basically serves the function of getting people to other competing apps.

> I know I sound like an ungrateful brat, but 4000 characters, what were they
> smoking?

LOL - Damned if they do and damned if they don't!

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 10:13 AM, JP <joachim.pfeif...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not so quick...  When trying to save "An unexpected error occurred. Please
> try again later." Oh well, that'll be another fiasco right there or am I
> alone with this error.

I think errors with the console are par for the course whenever even the
slightest thing changes.