Actually ignore that last part, the wallpaper still needs to be the height
of the screen in portrait.  Duh. :p  You should see in the gallery wallpaper
cropping UI that the size it wants is slightly longer than tall, but not as
much as a WVGA screen.  At least, again, for the standard platform running
the standard launcher.