Oh and in the standard launcher app, the requested size will be slightly
wider than the screen in landscape, and the same height as the screen in
portrait.  This is to ensure the image is large enough to fill a portrait
screen, and still be able to provide a bit of parallax on a landscape screen
(in which case the image will be cropped vertically).

Actually on some devices without a keyboard it may just ask for an image the
same size as the display in landscape, because the standard launcher doesn't
run in landscape mode in that case.