On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Andrew Burgess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm completely stumped on this one.  I have three different lists that need
> to be displayed on the screen.  It's completely possible that the lists will
> extend past the bottom edge of the screen, so I would need scrolling.
>
> I've tried using a ScrollView with a LinearLayout child, and putting my
> ListViews in the LinearView, but all of the ListViews lock to a fixed height
> with scroll bars.  Using other kinds of Layouts means no scrolling.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions, or will I need to programmatically add the
> list items to some layout and hope for the best?

I had the same problem, and I solved it by rolling a custom ListView
adapter, that let me insert multiple ListAdapter's into one ListView
with separating headers. This gives the appearance of multiple lists
that scroll as one. Like the Settings app.

See:
http://www.jsharkey.org/blog/2008/08/18/separating-lists-with-headers-in-android-09/

Casey Link