I have an app that's going to want to display quite a lot of thumbnail
images, downloaded off the network. These are eventually going to be
used as Drawables. As I'm going to be referring to them quite often,
from one run of the app to the next, I want to cache them.

What I've currently got is quite a lot of complex code that keeps an
in-memory cache where I can ask for an image by URL, and then I'll get
called back asynchronously when it's arrived and the Drawable is ready
for use; I can then add this to my UI, replacing the placeholder
thumbnail via a nice transition. It's all painful and fiddly.

Given that this is the sort of thing that people are likely to want to
do, are there any system services that will do it all for me, so I can
throw away all my custom code?

--
David Given
[EMAIL PROTECTED]