Pull parsing is absolutely a favorite in mobile. While I agree with
Jake, one thing to consider is a fundamental conceptual decision that
is "baked" into the question whether to employ a tree parser or a
streaming parser. Typically, this cannot be optimized away later, and
may drive a fundamental overhaul (refactorization) of the app.

In my experience, parsing non trivial data streams (JSON, XML, others)
in a mobile environment needs to have the following characteristics:
1. Maintains a small memory footprint, as mentioned
2. Allows to immediately draw data as the parser moves along. This is
important due to the often slow connections - it keeps users
entertained (this falls into the "subjective user satisfaction"
category) and informed
3. Can be instantly stopped at any point. When users start seeing the
data unfold (see 2.), users may want to stop the potentially long data
pull. The app needs to be able to respond to this request on the spot