I think the thing to remember is that it's YAGNI until you have a case
for changing it.
Just use the Json package in the android sdk, until you find you need
to change things for some reason.

Your spending a lot if time worrying about something you likely don't
need to worry about. Get coding and if you have a problem with the
lib, only then worry about what else you can do.

My 2 cents...
- Brill