Kris & Pramod,

With all due respect, there is a much easier way.

Java date/time stamps are internally represented by "long" values, the value being the number of milliseconds since Jan. 1, 1970 GMT.

SQLite natively supports long (64-bit) interger values (use INTEGER data type).

So, for storing date/time stamp, call "long milliseconds = Date.getTime()" and store the long integer value in the database.

When retrieving, get the long integer from the database, then construct "new Date(long milliseconds)".

This has two advantages:

- No text parsing or formatting necessary, smaller chance of bugs

- Ability to sort or select before / after a certain date/time value when doing SELECT

Hope this helps.
-- Kostya

27.12.2010 10:06, Kristopher Micinski пишет:
http://sberka.blogspot.com/2009/07/date-time-sqlite-and-android.html

That blog post should point you in the right direction.

What you may really want to know is how SQLite handles date and time.
> From what I've encountered there is no "native" date/time handling in
SQLite, but you can simply store dates / times in a textual
representation. The following articles may help give some insight:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4248064/delphi-sqlite-date-time-format-how-please-help

http://www.sqlite.org/lang_datefunc.html

Typically what you will do is create some database implemented via a
content provider or just database handler (see the many, many
tutorials on how to do this) and create a table for storing your
relevant information. For example, I have a "contents" table, where
one of the columns is the date an article was published. Now the only
thing you have to figure out is the marshaling.

Thanks,
Kris Micinski

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 1:21 AM, pramod.deore<deore.pramo...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hi everyone,
           In my application I have 2 buttons one for  DatePickerand
one for Timepicker. Date piker gives me date in this format -
12-27-2010  and time in - 11:48. Now I want to create table to store
these values. How to store date and time in android database?
Thanks.

Kostya Vasilyev -- WiFi Manager + pretty widget -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com