> I haven't tried this before, so I wanted to see if there are any issues I
> need to be aware of before I try it.

I do this and haven't run into any problems.

For the paid versions of my apps I'll start out at $0.99 to get as
much feedback from users as I can.  By the time it hits 500 downloads,
it's a much more stable, well-rounded, polished app by then, so I bump
it up to $1.99.  After 1,000 downloads, I'll raise it to $2.99.

I've never tried lowering the price (for things like weekly/holiday
sales) though, but I don't see why that would be a problem (unless a
user paid a higher price then is upset when it's cheaper the following
day).  As others have mentioned, just be careful not to set it to
free.

This is pretty different than what I do on the iPhone side.  Over
there, I'll start out with a free version w/o ads to get initial
feedback and downloads.  If it gets traction, I'll try ads to see what
kind of eCPMs this app will get.  If the numbers aren't acceptable,
I'll try switching the app to paid.

--
Seni Sangrujee
http://fieldteams.com