Hey,

I'm totally stuck with the ContactsContract-API. Point is that I want
only mess around with the Contacts saved in the "local" phonebook. But
it seems that every vendor but its own account_type for those
contacts.
And its even worse. The AccountManager isn't even aware of all
account_types?!?
For example on my HTC Desire with HTC Sense, the account_type all
local contacts are saved in is: com.htc.android.pcsc. But when I grab
a list of all available accounts from the AccountManager: This account
is not in the list!?
I also tested it on a Samsung Galaxy. Same here: The AccountManager is
not aware of the account_type used for local phonebookcontacts.

The whole story is that I wan't to write a app to sync my locale
phonebook with OpenXchange.

I guess I got that whole new ContactsContract-API wrong, but I don't
see any other way, then using RawContacts. Due to that I have to care
about the account_type, which is in fact a total mess.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Every hint is
highly appreciated.