Hi, the source code to the Contacts app is available here:

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/packages/apps/Contacts.git;a=summary

As Dmitri mentioned it, if you see the desired list in the Contacts
app, dig into the source and find out what query it is issuing the
ContactsProvider.  And then you can issue the same query and get the
same result.