I don't have one either, but I've seen screenshots of my program on that
device, done by someone for a review.

See the top-left corner of the screenshot in section 8:

http://www.simplehelp.net/2010/11/30/how-to-manage-your-android-wifi-connections/

The spinners in that screenshot use my own backgrounds, which are light, and
work with the default text color from Theme.Light, which is dark. But on the
X, the text color is light - I guess their customized spinner backgrounds
are dark.

What I'm getting at is - does your spinner use any kind of custom (=
supplied in your application) drawable, layout, or color?

-- Kostya