In theory, this shouldn't affect spinners.

In practice, you've got a user complaint, and something *is* going on.

I would try taking out the theme setting for a one-off build, and ask that
user to try it out.

Given that I don't have a Droid X, that's the only thing that comes to my
mind  :)

PS - Theme.NoTitleBar already sets android:windowNoTitle to "true", so you
can just use that directly...

-- Kostya