There are links at the bottom of the page to the full source.  This is also
part of the platform sample code, so it is included with all of the other
sample code you can download.

Also of course you can always look at the actual code of the standard NFC
Tag app:

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/packages/apps/Tag.git;a=tree

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 5:10 AM, mduffy215 <mduffy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone been able to create a demo for NFC on Android 2.3?
>
> The support from Google is incredibly lame:
> http://developer.android.com/resources/samples/NFCDemo/index.html
>
> The "demo" does not even give you the ability to download the source
> code!!!
>
> The demo is very generic and is not a working application.
>
> In order to be a full demo developers must have access to a sample NFC
> tag or reader.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a tag/reader
> they have actually used in creating a demo for NFC on Android 2.3?
>
> On Jan 18, 3:11 am, Gorka <gork...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I´ve been working on NFC with my Samsung 5230 mobile, and now I am
> > considering to move to Android. Before I do that I have some
> > questions. I´ve been reading the group and the developers web page,
> > but still have some doubts.
> >
> > - Is it possible to read MIFARE DESFire tags using the standard API.
> > In order to do that I have always used the JSR 257 spec. but I don´t
> > know if it is possible to do something similar with the current
> > Android version.
> >
> > - Suppose that I have a tag that is a sticker always affixed to the
> > mobile phone. Is it possible to read it always my application is
> > started?? In the mobile I used to work with it was a limitation since
> > once the sticker was detected the first time it could not detect it
> > anymore until I removed the sticker from the mobile NFC range and got
> > it close again. Would be possible using Android API to detect it
> > anytime I start the app without having to remove it??
> >
> > - I am working on JavaCard too and I have developed an applet in order
> > to complete the authentication steps in a secure way. Is it possible
> > to access JavaCard applets in my SD card using Android API. Until that
> > moment I have used the JSR 177 (APDU Connection, ...) in order to do
> > that. The problem with others mobile is that to access the SD you have
> > to sign your midlet with a Verysign certificate, but I don´t want to
> > do this.
> >
> > Thanks a lot.
> > Best regards.

Dianne Hackborn