Only a blind shot: Did you check whether another instance of frustrum
is used? Like e.g. an accidental "float[][] frustrum = ..." in the
function or maybe even an if block or something similar, so a local
instance is used instead of the class member, parameter, or whatever
was intented.
However, I once had very similar troubles, though with an Array
instance instead of a native array. One day I added lots of additional
checks and Log.d to find the error, but after this, the error just
vanished without any of the checks becoming active. No idea what
happened there...