Hi,

I'm in need of communicating between two devices over WiFi directly,
w/o need of AP. As far as I know adhoc mode
is not supported oficially (unless you apply some unofficial patches
to wpa_suplicant) but maybe I miss something
and certain version of Android  going to officially support adhoc?
Anyway, I am open for any hints of solution I could
use to get this done (BT is out of question due to limited range. At
worst I can use client-server architecture but
I would like to avoid this as it requires data plan and/or carrier coverage)