On 26 January 2011 14:59, Kostya Vasilyev <kmans...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=82
>
> Still, if you've got phones that are connected to the same WiFi router (or
> to different routers that are connected to one another, probably common in
> an office environment), then you should be able to get TCP/IP connections
> between phones that bypass the cellular network and go over

Thanks for the link. But this requires AP to be present. I got some
concept that requires just two devices to be linked and I wanted to
avoid need of AP presence, hence adhoc mode. Still I may limit to
rooted phones, but I am not sure who much of my target users got
devices rooted (my out-of-air estimates is that not many). Seems (as
somehow expected) i am recently out of wider luck :/