I am using the built-in Email application as an IMAP client.  It logs
into my IMAP account without any problems.  It also does a nice job of
sending via SMTP.  I can read the messages just fine.

When deleting messages I run into a problem.  The client includes a
Delete button and when I press it the message is removed from the list
in the application.  Unfortunately the message is not flagged for
deletion on the IMAP server.  Nor is it moved to a Trash folder on the
IMAP server.  The Email application does appear to be able to perform
operations on the IMAP server as the read flags are being updated as
expected.

My expectation is that the Email application's Delete button would set
the delete flag for the message on the IMAP server when it is pushed,
or otherise cache the operation to be executed during the next IMAP
transaction in batch for disconnected use.  I would also expect the
option to have a copy put into a Trash folder on the IMAP server and
another option to expunge.

Is there a bug in the built-in Email application's Delete button
functionality or have I missed some configuration setting somewhere?

That also brings to mind a related question - how do we file bug
reports for Android?  Is there a Bugzilla online somewhere for the
platform?