Thanks for the reply.  My account was indeed setup manually.  I'll
look forward to the update then.  If you are associated with Google
perhaps you could update the status of Issue 1029 with this great
news.  Having access to the bug reports is so relaxing and so much
better than the non-android alternatives.

Also, if this is just a bug in the setup process does it happen to
write a config file somewhere such as /etc?  Could I manually edit the
file to make the correction as a temporary work-around?