Howdy all.

I need the classic horizontal scrolling ticker for an app I am doing.

I see the Ticker class was removed from the old SDK.

Tried to use TextSwitcher and a TranslateAnimation.

Almost works, but even though the TextViews inside the TextSwitcher
hold some really long text just fine [1], when translated "off stage"
by the animation, there is only enough bitmap  beneath the view to
cover the width of the view. So the long text is clipped to the view
width.

Is there a workaround? Or shall I drop down a few abstraction levels
and roll my own class?

Thanks

-- Ward

1. The TextViews have elipsize=none, scrollHorizontally=true and
singleLine=true set for this.