David Given wrote:
> I'm trying to play streaming music. The user has previously requested
> that the stream start a certain way into the stream. How do I do this?
[...]

Does anyone have any suggestions on how do this? If I can't make this
work, my app is basically stuffed, and nothing I've tried is working.

Brief summary: I need to be able to tell MediaPlayer to start playing
from somewhere in the middle of the stream, not the start. If I call
seekTo() after prepare() then the user has to wait for the buffer to be
filled twice, which can take up to thirty seconds, and they're not going
to put up with that.

Is there a way to tell it to prepare the stream (reading the stream
header, etc) but *not* to fill the buffer until I tell it to start
playing? That would work.

│
│ --- Conway's Game Of Life, in one line of APL