0 down vote favorite

Hi

i'm encodding images with Base64 into Strings, and i am uploading
these images into a remote database, in a row of the table USER. That
row is TEXT, because i dont know if there is anothr String type with
more space than TEXT.

When i store very small images, with 5 or 10 KB of space, they store
OK, and when i get these images back from the sql DB into my app, i
can decode them into BitMap and show them into a ImageView.

THE PROBLEM: When i store images with for example 110 KB of space, i
think they doesn't store OK in the TEXT row of my table USER in the
SQL DB, because when i try to decode them, i got an error, they can't
be decoded, but i dont know why, because the decode function of Base64
simply returns null when he can't decode.

There is a way to solve it?

How munch KB can have a image to be stored into the row of a databse?

The better option for the row is to be TEXT ? or there is another Type
that can store more higher Strings?

thanks