Is it possible to rotate the view coming in from the camera, so its,
say, upside down?

I thought this would be a mater of rotating the surface view its on,
but nothing seems to work.
I tried the advice in this thread for rotating videos;
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/3563cf871e45d00f/f82fb328d2c2c4c2?lnk=gst&q=rotate+surface#f82fb328d2c2c4c2

But the camera just comes out black if that mode is used.

So is it possible to rotate the camera image using surface?

I'm aware of "setDisplayOrientation(90)", but that would break 2.1
compatibility and Id rather not do that unless absolutely needed.

Thanks,
Thomas