Interesting points, String.

I was recently thinking about how to change an existing Lite/Pro combo to
use in-app-upgrade instead.

I can't see a nice way to do it. The best way I can think of is to introduce
in-app billing to the Lite version and convert the Pro version into some
kind of "pro key" token app. The Lite version would check for existence of
this "pro key" app (and validate) if the in-app-upgrade had not been
purchased.

Does that work?