@rojorshi: here's the link you were looking for I think. Seems you
should be fine for free apps. Just search for the word 'free' in this
link: http://developer.android.com/guide/publishing/licensing.html
It looks like you won't be able to upload a free version with the LVL
permission in it... if your app is already available as free.

But it also says it returns LICENSED for free apps in table A-2. So
what situation would this be then?