I don't have the sdk installed under Program Files, and still got this error
when updating some sdk components (outside Eclipse). This is Win 7 64-bit,
with administrator rights.

In the end, had to remove all Android stuff (keeping Java and Eclipse) and
reinstall, then it worked. Didn't take more than 15-20 minutes, actually.

--
Kostya Vasilyev -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com