What exactly do the docs mean when they say 'multiple processes'.  Do
they mean different threads in the same application?  Or do they mean
for example a background service accessing a shared preference file at
the same time a foreground process is accessing the same shared
preference file?

I am having intermittent issues with one of my apps loosing it's
shared preferences.  My app uses threads to keep the UI responsive,
and I just figured I had some sort of synchronization issue with
saving preferences.  But no, I've locked down the critical sections
with synchronized blocks and still, very rarely, my app will lose it's
preferences.  It usually seems to happen when the app is killed by the
OS, or by the debugger, normal resume/pause events never result in
loosing the preferences.  But again it's intermittent.

I have another app that's never lost it's preferences - but it's not
multi-threaded.

-josh

On Nov 19, 1:55 pm, "Dianne Hackbod" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip...]

> I'm not sure I follow your reasoning -- if you are saying that your
> application is all running in one process, why do you think the whole caveat
> about not supporting multiple processes even applies?
[...]