The Honeycomb emulator is faster on my dev system than the preview
was, but it is highly sensitive to the emulated hardware.  I am using
1024 megabytes of emulated RAM and a 256 meg vm heap size and I still
see out of memory errors when the launcher tries to load wallpaper.

The AVD refuses to go above 1.5G or so of emulated RAM.

I can't comment on Eclipse pegging the CPU, it is about the same as before.