Window composition was already done in software OpenGL before, and the new
hardware acceleration layer for 2D rendering inside apps is not turned on in
the emulator.

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 3:54 AM, Reuben Scratton
<reuben.scrat...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I suspect Honeycomb emulator's performance is being crippled by every last
> pixel now having to go through a pure software OpenGL pipeline. That will
> have far more stages than the old 2D renderer had.
>
> If you ever ran an OpenGL ES app on older emulators, you'd see similar
> slowness... there is far more computation involved per pixel.
>
> As for building and deploying, I am having a lot of trouble with the new
> tools too... Win32 Eclipse Galileo here. Still investigating.

Romain Guy
Android framework engineer
romain...@android.com

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them