I think it would be ok if all you wanted is an app that can play
"EADGBE" tones.  Just make 6 media players, set them to loop and have
the UI control starting and stopping them.  If you want a tuner that
can listen to the guitar and display the tuning like a real guitar
tuner does, that will not be possible because the android API does not
currently have real-time sound input processing.