Mark,

Thank you for response.

On Feb 25, 4:38 pm, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 6:41 AM, Dmitry Golubovsky <golubov...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > I have found that the sdcard is itself mounted at /system/media/sdcard
> > (on Pandigital Novel 9" tablet, Android 2.0). Is there any library
[skip]
> From an Android SDK standpoint, getExternalStorageDirectory() is the
> right answer. If a device manufacturer elects to do something else,
> that is their problem.

So, on a "compilant" device getExternalStorageDirectory would return a
real sdcard mountpoint? Or still an "overlay" to access only
specialized directories? That's what I need to understand first.

> Furthermore, that device does not support third-party apps, let alone
> have the Android Market on it.
>
> I recommend that you get a real device, one that ships with a
> legitimate Android Market on it, for your app testing purposes.

Well, I need to use what a random/average customer could pick. This
one is sold "physically" in stores, and price/functionality ratio is
reasonable. I didn't even try to root it, that's the condition of my
experiment.

Anyway, if there is no "formal" answer, I'll need to apply more
heuristics... it is a mountpoint anyway, controlled by vold (sp?), I
am assuming at least this holds for all devices?

Thanks.

Dmitry