Dianne,

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 9:45 PM, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Dmitry Golubovsky <golubov...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Well, I need to use what a random/average customer could pick. This
>> one is sold "physically" in stores, and price/functionality ratio is
>> reasonable. I didn't even try to root it, that's the condition of my
>> experiment.
>
> You don't need to worry about this device, because it doesn't have Market.
>  To have Market, a device needs to pass the CDD, which are the compatibility
> requirements.  A device that doesn't have Market can thus be assumed to be

[skip]

I am not worried about Market at all. I am worried about the portable
way to tell my program where is the sdcard root directory is mounted
because part of the usage scenario is user being able to upload
certain files to sdcard where my program must be able to find them.

To clarify, this is a port of Squeak (Smalltalk) [1], [2] to Android
which I am trying to alter to fit my needs; in particular the original
port loaded the image from assets, but I would like to be able to load
it from sdcard where user may place it after customization using an
instance of Squeak on user's PC.

Thank you.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky